When you gain weight, you believe that it is because of what you are eating you have been given a few extra pounds, but in reality that increase in weight may be due to the fact that you are retaining fluid. Maybe you have consumed many salty foods and your kidneys are overloaded, there is some hormonal decontrol or you are not draining properly. These reasons cause you to retain liquids and your body to increase its volume.
It is important to remove all the liquid that make you feel heavy and swollen. For this there are several options of natural remedies. We will show you what to take for bloating and water retention. You’ll feel better in a few days
WHAT TO TAKE FOR BLOATING AND WATER RETENTION
The onion is a medicinal food that has been used since forever due to the powerful diuretic effects. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help you improve the state of an inflamed kidney. The effects of onion are mild and have no contraindications.
Onion broth will help you get all the benefits of the onion. To give flavor, add sea water; you can get this water in some supermarkets and diet stores. Water has the property of eliminating excess liquids, and is better than ordinary salt. So it can serve to season your dishes.
Onions can also be used to prepare sauces or vegetable creams.
- 3 large onions.
- One glass of sea water.
- 1 liter of water.
How to prepare it?
Boil the onions and the water for half an hour. Season with a little lemon juice.
You can prepare the broth every day, but you can also make enough of it to last for several days.
How to ingest it?
Take the broth during the day; a prudent time would be before or after each meal. The best recommendation is half an hour before meals.
Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that benefits your kidneys and liver as it is cleansing, so it is advisable to consume this fruit every day for a month. This will provide healing for this problem.
The best times to consume it is before breakfast, when you are fasting, or before going to sleep. You can add cinnamon or honey in case that its flavor is very strong.
HERE’S WHAT TO TAKE FOR BLOATING AND WATER RETENTION AS WELL
There are medicinal plants that serve as supplements and help boost the diuretic effects to eliminate retained fluids. These are horsetail and green tea.
The horsetail, besides being diuretic, serves as an anti-inflammatory for the kidneys. Its silicon content also benefits your hair, skin and nails.
As for green tea, it helps to eliminate the excess fat accumulated in your body. It contains stimulating effects and is proven to have anticancer effects.
You can obtain the benefits of these plants by consuming them in capsules, tincture or tablets, or in the form of infusion.
Choose one of the two for consumption, or alternatively alternate their intake during the 30 days of treatment.
When you are taking one of the previously mentioned treatments, you must avoid the foods that harm your kidneys and generate retention of liquids. Therefore, avoid the following foods:
- Soft drinks.
- Canned food.
- Common salt. Instead you can use sea salt.
- Precooked and fried foods.
– Always choose natural remedies over medications, as these have side effects and can cause sensitivity or nervousness.
– Eat potassium-rich foods such as: tomatoes, vegetable broths, bananas.
– Apply heat to the kidney: The kidney is the most delicate organ in terms of fluid retention. It is related to energy levels. Kidneys usually bring problems in times of cold. One of the most common symptoms is pain in the lower back. This is why it is recommended to perform heat treatments in this area, more or less in the middle of the back every night, whether you feel pain or not. To apply the heat on this area, use a bag with hot water or an electric mat for 15 or 30 minutes before going to sleep.